Monday, July 19, 2010

Web Application

Ok now for the sizzle, the web interface that everyone sees and is wowed over.

After a little html/java script programming I decided very quickly I had very little patience for learning a new learning a new programming language. When I made the change from a DOS (Clipper) programmer to a Windows programmer I just about quit programming. Most programmers egos are way to fragile and mine is no different. So using the excuse of staying true to our business model and focusing on the database and the catalog I started looking for partners who would be willing to handle just the presentation layer, no database access. Now I’m the first to admit, we struck gold the first time out with Mark Lincoln from www.CycleConsulting.com. Mark has forgotten more about programming than most people will ever know. Mark wrote an interesting article that was to be published by EXT-JS, his development tool of choice. So instead of me writing something up, here is a link to the article: http://www.showmetheparts.com/Html/SmtpImplementationSpotlight.pdf

No comments: